Not sure where to start? Here’s some handy hints to help make your mattress shopping experience a little easier.
1. Know what you’re looking for. Are there things about your current mattress you like? Are there things you wish your current mattress did?
2. Measure your room. That Super King mattress you’ve always dreamed about might not be practical if your bedroom is too small.
3. Take your time. There are a lot of options on offer and while some may feel great, they may not fit your needs.
4. Put price into perspective. You’ll spend around 1/3 of your life in bed and the right mattress should last many years.
5. Shop for a name you can trust. Even though they can look similar on the outside, not all mattresses are created equally.
6. Don’t forget your head and neck. Your new mattress will feel slightly different to your old one which may be a result of slightly different postural alignment. When in store, don’t forget to check out the pillow options to ensure you’re getting the most out of your new sleep environment.
7. Once you’ve invested in a new mattress, make sure you’re taking care of it. A mattress protector may be the best investment you’ll ever make to ensure your mattress stays clean and fresh for many years to come.
8. Look for fitted sheets that actually fit. Many modern mattresses are much deeper than their predecessors, so not all fitted sheets are deep enough to fit around your mattress.